Sweetwater Cash for College Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
By entering you are opting to receive electronic communication from the Sponsor and understand the Sponsor is sharing your information with its builders.
(1) Description: WS-COS Development LLC (the “Sponsor”) is offering the “Sweetwater Cash for College Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion”) and will determine one (1) Grand Prize winner on the basis of random selection. The Promotion begins February 1, 2013 at 8:00:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends June 30, 2013 at 8:00:00 PM CT, (“Promotion Period”).
(2) Eligibility: The Promotion is open to legal Texas residents eighteen (18) years of age or older who are currently residing within the greater Austin area and legal U.S. residents of any other state including Texas who are visiting the Austin area during the Promotion Period (excluding residents of Florida and New York). Professional real estate agents holding an active Texas real estate license are not eligible. Additionally, employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively the “Promotion Entities”), their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Void in Florida, New York and where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
(3) How to Enter: Visit the Sweetwater Welcome Center (located at 5348 Pedernales Summit Parkway, Austin TX 78738) and complete the registration form with the following information: First/last name, street address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address, phone number and your response to two (2) questions regarding your home search. Check the “Enter Me” box to complete your entry. By entering you are opting to receive electronic communication from the Sponsor and understand the Sponsor is sharing your information with its builders. There is no limit to the number of times you can visit the Sweetwater Welcome Center, however there is a limit of one (1) entry per household.
(4) Grand Prize – One (1) winner will be randomly selected to receive a $25,000 scholarship, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $25,000. If the Grand Prize winner is a parent/legal guardian with a child who is currently enrolled (or has been accepted for enrollment) in a post-secondary educational institution, $25,000 will be paid directly to the parent/legal guardian to address educational costs. If the Grand Prize winner has a child, (or a member of his immediate family) under the age of eighteen (18) who is not enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution, the Grand Prize will be awarded as a deposit of $25,000 to an annuity in the child’s name, with a maturity date coinciding with that child reaching the age of eighteen (18). There is one (1) prize available with a total value of $25,000. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received at the end of the Promotion Period; i.e., if 1,000,000 entries are received the odds of winning are 1:1,000,000.
(5) Prize Awarding – The Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries conducted on or about July 12, 2013. Potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted within two (2) business days of the drawing by e-mail (“Grand Prize Notification”) and provided with an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release (“Affidavit”), which he/she will be required to complete, (unless prohibited by law). The Affidavit must be returned within seven (7) days of Sponsor’s first provision of the Affidavit. In completing the Affidavit the potential winner is required to complete a W-9 providing his/her social security number, which will be used solely for the purposes of Sponsor’s legal compliance in filing US Tax Form IRS 1099-MISC. Potential Grand Prize Winner will also be required to send (a) a copy of his/her passport, driver’s license, birth certificate or other appropriate documentation (acceptable to Sponsor) as proof of age and residency; (b) the name, age, date of birth and birth certificate of his/her child (or member of his/her immediate family) who will be using the Grand Prize and (c) if applicable, proof of child’s enrollment and/or acceptance in a post-secondary educational institution with a schedule of applicable costs. Non-compliance with any of these requirements will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. Return of Grand Prize Notification and/or the Affidavit as undeliverable will result in disqualification, forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate Grand Prize Winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use Grand Prize winner's name and likeness solely for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
(6) General – The Grand Prize is awarded to the parent or legal guardian of a child, for the educational use by the child (or for the educational use by a member of his/her immediate family), however, the Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes. A recipient of any prize shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item; (b) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person (including his/her child) or (c) redeem any prize or prize component for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of comparable or greater value. Prizes and/or prize components awarded may differ from prizes and/or prize components shown in promotional materials. Entrants grant Sponsor the right to use and publish winner’s proper name and State of residence online in connection with the Promotion. All decisions of the Sponsor in any matter relating to this Promotion shall be binding and final. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate Entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any, aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by the judges, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate Entrant's eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment.
All Federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. THE TEXAS COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE PROMOTION AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS SHALL GOVERN THE PROMOTION. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. The Promotion is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
(7) Information about the Grand Prize winner: To request the name of the Grand Prize winner by mail send a hand addressed, postage affixed envelope for receipt no later than July 12, 2013 to: Sweetwater Cash for College Winner Information, PO Box 12055, Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2055.
WS-COS Development LLC
5348 Pedernales Summit Parkway
Austin, TX 78738
(9) Promotion Administrator:
Extra Mile Marketing
16611 N. 91st Street, STE 106
Scottsdale, AZ 85260-1523